Welcome to the Website of the
Massachusetts Chapter American College of Cardiology
The purpose of our website is to provide information to our member cardiologists and also to be a valuable resource of information to the public. Our website provides listings of our physicians based on location as well as subspecialties, as well as informative articles regarding heart health.
Through our website, Chapter members can access the ACC Online Job Bank, as well as receive updates to important issues related to the profession of Cardiology in Massachusetts.
Partner Up!, Risk Down!
Join key health care organizations and agencies in the state participating in the Million Hearts™ initiative at a statewide learning event focused on assisting primary care providers in their efforts to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease in local communities.
- Date: ATTENTION: Re-Scheduled to Tuesday, April 2, 2013
- Time: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm ET
- Venue: Publick House, Sturbridge, MA
The Million Hearts™ initiative was introduced by the Department of Health and Human Services in September, 2011 to address the prevention of one million heart attacks and strokes by 2017 by reducing cardiovascular risk factors. This national program led by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has created national partnerships among numerous organizations and agencies to promote this important goal. In Massachusetts, the partnerships, formed among several statewide organizations and agencies, have brought the Million Hearts™ initiative to the local level.
On April 2, 2013, a live partnership event will take place at the Publick House in Sturbridge, MA. The meeting will provide the opportunity for primary care providers and practices to join with the many MA partners to discuss several objectives including:
This event is co-sponsored by the Massachusetts Million Hearts™ partners:
- the challenges associated with heart attack and stroke reduction,
- the management of key cardiovascular risk factors in the primary care practice
- awareness of current programs that work to reduce CV risk factors
- learn what local organizations and agencies are doing to support the primary care provider and this initiative.
American Heart Association
American Diabetes Association
American Cancer Society
American College of Physicians
American College of Cardiology - MA Chapter
MA Department of Public Health
MA League of Community Health Centers
MA Medical Society
MA eHealth Collaborative
MA Pharmacists Association
MA Independent Pharmacists Association
Activities like Partner Up! Risk Down! are how these organizations will help Million Hearts™ prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes by 2017. The public-private Million Hearts™ initiative encourages everyone to become one in a million by taking the online pledge (millionhearts.hhs.gov). Million Hearts™ brings together communities, health systems, nonprofit organizations, federal agencies, and private-sector partners from across the country to fight heart disease and stroke by:
For more information about the Partner Up! Risk Down! program please call 781-419-2756 or email Masspro at email@example.com
- Empowering Americans to make healthy choices such as stopping smoking and reducing sodium and trans fat in their diets. This can reduce the number of people who need blood pressure or cholesterol medications—and prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Improving care for Americans who have heart disease by encouraging a targeted focus on the “ABCS” – Aspirin for people at risk, Blood pressure control, Cholesterol management, and Smoking cessation. The ABCS address the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease and can help to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
• Additional Information
The Best of ACC.13 Is Coming to Your Backyard
Join your colleagues in Boston from April 26 – 27 for a look at the latest, practice changing topics in cardiovascular medicine today, including clinical pearls from ACC.13. Interact with world-class faculty in an intimate setting as we cover a variety of topics of particular relevance to practicing cardiovascular specialists during this innovative, one-and-a-half day course.
The Best of ACC.13: Take Home Messages for the Clinician will feature educational highlights from the ACC’s 62nd Annual Scientific Session (ACC.13), offering a personal and interactive setting to learn about the latest advances in cardiovascular diseases. Don’t miss:
Plus, earn MOC credit with the optional Maintenance of Certification Session. Learn more and register today!
- A comprehensive year-in-review
- Case-based scenarios
- Vital information from late breaking clinical trials presented at ACC.13
- Summaries from the highest scored oral abstracts presented at ACC.13
- Key takeaways from recently released clinical guidelines
Space is limited!!!
ACC Provides an Update on “Value Based Purchasing”
CMS is progressively implementing requirements included in the Affordable Care Act of 2009 that call for “value-based purchasing” (VBP) in all major payment systems in Medicare. Value-based purchasing involves three major elements for physicians:
Value-based purchasing initiatives included in the final 2013 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule highlight new trends that greatly impact physician practice, and underscore the need for practices to be ready for value-based purchasing and public reporting efforts. Your ACC is working to position members for success in a VBP environment by offering multiple tools and resources, including a webinar, “What’s New in CMS Value-Based Purchasing?” on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 from 3-4 pm eastern standard time. Register Here.
- Confidential feedback on performance and resource use
- Public Reporting
- Payment adjustment/value modifier
FIT Travel Awards for the ACC 2012 Legislative Conference
Now is the time to apply for the FIT Travel Awards for the 2012 Legislative Conference. The ACC has made a select number of travel awards available for FIT members attend the ACC’s 2012 Legislative Conference on September 9-11, 2012 in Washington, D.C. This travel award program provides FITs with an opportunity to become more educated about the important work the ACC is doing in the areas of Medicare reform, health system reform and research and prevention. More...